Adress: 115035, Russia, Moscow,
Sadovnicheskaya St. 52/45
The Russian Research and Educational Holocaust Center and the Holocaust Foundation
(map).
Phone/fax: (499) 995-21-82, (495) 953-33-62
E-mail: center@holofond.ru
Deutsch Русский

History of the Center and Foundation

Russian Research and Educational  Holocaust Center was registered in June 1992. The Interregional Holocaust Foundation was established in Moscow in  1997. It is the first organizations in the post-Soviet era aimed at preserving the memory of Holocaust victims, creating museums and documentary exhibitions, including the subject in the curricula of schools and institutions of higher education, organizing commemorative events, erecting monuments, and gathering of evidence and memoirs. The first President of the Center was Mikhail Gefter (1918-1995), Russia's outstanding historian and philosopher. The Center and the Foundation brings together more than 200 Russian professional scientists, journalists, public figures and  teachers as well as former ghetto prisoners and veterans of WW2. There are branches or regional representatives of the Center in St. Petersburg, Blagoveschensk, Kaliningrad, Krasnodar, Nizny Novgorod, Voronezh, Vladimir, Rostov, Smolensk, Taganrog and Brest (Belarus).  
  Alla Gerber, writer and journalist, Deputy of the 5th State Duma, is President of the Foundation and Co-Chairman of Russian Research and Educational Holocaust Center.
Dr. Ilya Altman, historian and archivist, is Co-Chairman of Russian Research and Educational Holocaust Center.  Henry Reznik, a famous lawer, is the Chairman of its Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees includes well-known business leaders, scientists, cultural figures and politicians.
 
Версия для печати